Brooklyn Stone and Tile is a converted 8 employee business with a pilot three worker-owner cooperative that sells and installs tiles and marble countertops in New York City. The owner chose to sell to employees because he was retiring after 30 years. The converted business has begun manufacturing in the Brooklyn Navy Yards, a city emblem of the rebirth of manufacturing and locally grown companies.
From the company
- The Working World – Loans
- Business Insider – How Employees Became Owners of the Business They Work At (2020)
- Ice Stone – the Main Street Employee Ownership Act (2018)
- Brooklyn Downtown Star – Lawmakers urge Senate to pass employee-ownership bill (2018)
- Next City – Movement to Get Public Money Out of Wall Street Comes to Wall Street (2018)