The Brooklyn Packers is a 10-employee worker cooperative that sources, portions, and packages fresh meats, produce, and other food for door-to-door delivery services and other clients in Brooklyn, New York. The business was a department of an internet food delivery service for several years before a business strategy change led the company to externalize logistics and focus on scaling their online sales brand. The transfer of control was amicable. Incorporation and operational support was made by the Working World in 2016. The new cooperative has continued an existing vision to strengthening the local, seasonal food supply chain.
- Bushwick Daily – Local Co-op Invited the Community to Dance for Social Justice
- The Brooklyn Packers (facebook)
- Brooklyn Packers: a Worker-Owned Cooperative (video, slides)
- How to scale Nextdoorganics
- The Working World Investment