Insource Renewables is a 10-employee Solar business in Pittsfield, Maine. The original owner recognized his limited capacity to continue to manage and grow his business as a sole proprietor and saw conversion to employee-ownership as a solution that would balance his lifelong commitment and anticipated growth of the business. Insource Renewables provides a unique opportunity of living wage jobs that attract and retain young workers who might otherwise leave the region.
- Insource Renewables – About Us
- Bangor Daily News – Worker cooperatives can be a boon for rural Maine’s economy
- CDI – Worker ownership works for everyone: the Insource Renewables Story (video)
- Rural Cooperatives – Maine solar business pursues conversion to workerowned coop to sustain business, create more jobs
- CDI – Cooperatives in Maine are Rising Up