Real Pickles is a Massachusetts-based company that makes pickles from regionally grown vegetables that are raw, vinegar-free, 100% organic, and rich in probiotics, using the traditional natural fermentation process. Founded in 2001 by Dan Rosenberg, Real Pickles is, “committed to promoting human and ecological health by providing people with delicious, nourishing food and by working toward a regional, organic food system.” In line with its social mission, the company buys its vegetables only from Northeast family farms and sells its products only within the Northeast, and the products are made in a solar-powered facility.
- Real Pickles – We’re Going Co-op!
- Real Pickles: The Story of a Co-operative Conversion
- Ward – Community Investment in the Local Food System
- Project Equity – Real Pickles
- Project Equity – Financing Case Study: Real Pickles
- Co-opLaw.org – Legal Case Study: Real Pickles
- Franklin Hampshire Regional Employment Board – Real Pickles (video)